Monday, September 23, 2013

Dances and Rhythms - 3

Dances and Rhythms - 3

     Six years earlier, my sisters, Helen, then age 67, Bertie, then age 61, visited me in Florida for my college graduation. When the ceremony was over, the girls and I went into my bedroom to change.  I plundered their suitcases while chattering - savoring the moments we had missed as sisters growing up together.  Glancing up from Helen's suitcase, I noticed my sister Bertie was naked from the waist up.  Her large breasts flopped back and forth with each movement. Fascinated by our striking similarity, I crawled across the bed, "Oh my gosh - we look exactly alike!"  Bertie raised her head.  Though speechless, I could not take my eyes off her cream-like skin.  It was a perfect replica of the velvety-smooth interplay of light, color, and sensuality of Renoir's female figures.  It was the same kind of skin I had so often bathed on my own body, yet never realized how stunning it was.  "I've never seen you like this before...you, you look just like me," I stammered.  "I look like you!"  In the opposite corner, Helen panicked.  "Sherry, you're embarrassing me!"  Helen covered her half-clothed body.  I looked back at Bertie for understanding.  Did she get where I was coming from?  "It's okay, Sissy," she said.  "You haven't been with us your whole life so it's natural for you to be amazed that we look so much alike."  Bertie drew herself up into a reverent posture to allow me a full view, while Helen teetered on the edge of needed life support.  We ignored her, rising above embarrassment.  "It's more than that for me..."

No comments:

Post a Comment